From HBS MBA Program Blog:
Round 2 Interview Invitations – A Little More Information
Well, I dealt with the aftermath of the transparency about interview invitation numbers in Round 1 today. Someone called and asked directly why we couldn’t send out all the invitations on one day. Good question. Here’s the answer:
We could..but it would be February 13, not January 31. Maybe that would be better…a later date, but just one date. The way we’ve structured it now – 3 waves – is to accommodate the reality of a (human) Admissions Board trying to give thoughtful attention to a lot of applications. And each application needs to be reviewed twice. So we have to have a little bit of flex in terms of the notification dates. The senior team in Dillon does (a lot of) other things besides reading applications. Board member X may be pulled into an IT crisis. Board member Y needs to pull together the budget for the next fiscal year. I went to NYC last week to do an admit event for Round 1 admits. All these things can throw off an application-reading timetable, so we build in those extra two weeks (two waves) to make sure we’ve got bandwidth to make careful decisions. We’re not doing this by machine. It’s just us.
As always, hope this helps.
Latest posts by MBAPrepAdvantage (see all)
- Economist GMAT Tutor Launches $25,000 MBA Scholarship Contest - March 4, 2014
- Economist Launches the GMAT Tutor for iPhone - September 11, 2013
- MBA Admissions Deadlines for UCLA Anderson - July 7, 2013
- 2014 MBA Admissions Deadlines for CMU Tepper - July 6, 2013
- MBA Admissions Virtual Events at HEC Paris - July 5, 2013