MBA Early Application Planning enables you to both find your dream schools and optimize your chances of admittance to these schools. With extra time, MBAPrepAdvantage will partner with you as you carefully compare different educational options against your very own criteria for a graduate business degree education and proactively engage a variety of stakeholders in the admissions process. We also guide you in charting a career path, evaluating potential recommenders and preparing for standardized tests.
MBA Early Application Planning also includes our working with you to actually improve as an applicant. MBAPrepAdvantage will help you identify and mitigate “gaps” in your background that elevate your academic profile, professional competitiveness and community citizenship. By seizing these new leadership opportunities in your professional and community life you will become a more attractive candidate to MBA admissions committees.
MBAPrepAdvantage Early Application Planning Matrix
Research and Shortlist Graduate Business Degrees, Programs and Schools
- Research and compare the different graduate business degrees and programs.
- Determine which schools offer these graduate business degrees and programs.
- Shortlist schools based on location, reputation, specialization, career placement, joint degree programs, environment / student body, pedagogy, alumni and return on investment (ROI).
Engage Students, Alumni, Administrators, Faculty and Program Directors
- Attend on-campus visits, information sessions, open houses & tours and diversity events.
- Attend off-campus coffee chats.
- Listen to online webinars and take virtual tours.
- Initiate communication with admissions stakeholders (but be self-aware).
- Attend tour and diversity events sponsored by external organizations and attended by many schools.
Plan Your Career Path, Recommendation Strategy and Test Preparation
- Chart a career path that will help you short-list schools and optimize your admission chances at these schools through demonstrating fit.
- Set an aspirational, feasible and meaningful long-term career vision.
- Set a credible short-term career goal that fits with your background, school choices and goals.
- Align your experience and competencies with these goals.
- Identify and evaluate potential recommenders based on a variety of factors to optimize your admission chances.
- Determine which standardized aptitude tests (GMAT or GRE) and English language tests (if necessary) to take.
- Determine whether to hire a test prep company or pursue study.
- If you wish to hire a test prep company, determine which study option you prefer and select which company.
- If you wish to pursue self-study, identify online resources and take free practice exams to help you maximize your test scores.
Improve Your Academic Profile, Professional Competitiveness and Community Citizenship
- Elevate your academic profile.
- Ascertain whether to retake standardized tests.
- Ascertain whether to build an alternative transcript, and if so, which classes to take.
- Identify which certifications will improve your overall academic profile.
- Enhance your professional competitiveness.
- Identify experience and competency gaps.
- Address experience and competency gaps.
- Expand your responsibilities and leadership.
- Seek different assignments and roles.
- Seek to serve on cross-functional task forces and teams.
- Sign up for employee training.
- Join professional associations.
- Improve your community citizenship.
- Deepen your existing engagement by seeking board seats, serving on committees or pursuing other leadership positions.
- Volunteer for new activities.
- Engage your company’s corporate social responsibility efforts by creating, leading or joining CSR initiatives.
Discover more about how MBAPrepAdvantage can partner with you on accomplishing your dream of attending your top MBA school with our MBA Early Application Planning and other services. Click on MBAPrepAdvantage Business School Admissions Consulting Services and Fees.